Friday, February 18, 2011

Over easy... Easy my ass.

So, eggs. Everybody likes eggs, right? (Well, no, that's not right, but just roll with it.) Any time I'm at a restaurant and order eggs (not a common occurrence, really), I order them one of two ways. Scrambled with cheese, or over easy. Now, I can make scrambled eggs. A small child with one arm and attention deficit disorder could make scrambled eggs. Any imbecile could make scrambled eggs. It's like remedial cooking.

Over easy, though... That's a bit more complicated. Today, I was inspired to give it a shot. Of course, I had no idea how to do it. So, I went with my usual method of learning anything: I asked the internet. Upon doing so, I found this:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2212550_cook-eggs-over-easy.html

Instructions in hand (Or on screen. Whatever.), I ventured into the kitchen. First thing's first, I got out a pan.

Next, the pan got Pam.

Then, of course, the egg.

After that, I stopped taking pictures, because the instructions implied that this was a really quick process, so taking pictures seemed like a thing that would slow it down too much. Okay, the egg went in the pan, and it started frying up quite nicely. The whites got good and opaque, and it was time to flip. I flipped the egg, and I had:

Failure.

So, I did the only thing I could think of... When life gives you failure...

Make a failure sandwich.

This is not over, eggs. One day, I shall defeat you.

No comments:

Post a Comment